Thursday, March 3, 2011

Holding out on this restaurant info...

Okay, this place has been one of my faves for a few years now and I have not exposed it because I do not want everyone to go there and take my table! But a generous spirit has come over me and I will now let the cat out of the bag and be forthcoming. El Caserio, located on Silverlake Blvd, near the 101, is a wonderful blend of South American & Italian flavors. You would never know this gem exists because it is a bit hidden and the entrance is off of Silverlake Blvd. The ambiance is one of the main reasons I go here (and because 'my ladies' are always so sweet to me and my friends here), but the well presented food is always tasty & satisfying. Starting with the weighty, beautifully, hand carved front door, which takes 2 hearty hands to open and then you walk inside and are greeted with a warm, inviting, old world charm atmosphere. There is also a lush landscaped courtyard area for dining. When I go here it is usually because I need my goat fix, so I will order the seco de chivo, which is making my mouth water right now just thinking about it! (Damn, that's good!) Their ceviche is also probably the best I have had in L.A. (be sure to start with that). I have also had quite a few of their other wonderful dishes on the menu and have never been disappointed. If you are looking for a special place to go, this is it! Just stay out of my booth please.