Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Flavors of the Yucatan...

A recent dinner outing had me over in Pasadena, where a friend introduced me to El Portal. A wonderful Mexican restaurant representing the foods of the Yucatan region. On this evening, I chose the Poc-Chuc (got to have my pork!) which is thin slices of pork served with a chutney of tomatoes, onions & cilantro and grilled with a touch of garlic. I will definitely go back for this dish again. El Portal is located at 695 E. Green St at S. Oak Knoll, in Pasadena.

Earlier, I went by the Huntington to view the John Frame exhibit AGAIN and am still walking away with much emotion from this exhibit.

Tonight, off to Paco's Tacos (this is a regular for me), out by the airport, for their chicken milanesa. The best! And you will not find a better flour tortilla in L.A., so light and airy and full of flavor. Located at 6212 W. Manchester Ave, between Sepulveda & La Tijera.