Monday, March 21, 2011

Friday Night Out...

This past Friday evening, I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic (laphil.com) and took our lovely, Coco, with me. Finally, I got to see Gustavo Dudamel conduct! The program included a Beethoven and a Mozart piece and watching Dudamel conduct was a pleasure. He certainly brings personality to the podium, or as the ads plastered on the buses & banners around the city state, 'PASION!' It is difficult to get tickets for the nights Gustavo conducts, but if you get the chance, GO! He is our vibrant, young, new addition to our City of Angels.

The evening started at 6, with a delicious dinner at Dusty's (dustysbistro.com), in Silverlake on Sunset Blvd, then on to the 'Casual Friday' symphony in the beautiful Walt Disney Concert Hall and afterwards, stopping off at Lamill Coffee Boutique (lamillcoffee.com), in Silverlake on Silver Lake Blvd, for a tasty cup of coffee to end the night. Having Coco home promptly at 11ish.

Being a proper gentleman myself, my only problem was with 'Casual Friday' symphony night. I do not care to see the orchestra members dressed in jeans & t-shirts while performing. They should be formally dressed! And with you all (Gaylord residents) knowing me, I prefer to see the crowd a little more dressed up too! C'mon people, it's a Friday night out! When there are so few functions left to get dressed up for in these contemporary times, has society gotten that lazy that they can not put a little effort into presenting oneself in a somewhat formal way? Bring with you a notion of specialness to the event! I will stop here with the social commentary. All in all, though, it was a glorious night out.