Monday, September 26, 2011

Farmers Market...

This past Sunday afternoon, I was strolling through the colorful, original Farmers Market at Fairfax & 3rd with my fiance, while he took photos of chicken feet, ice cream & doughnut stands and all sorts of produce and nostalgia, I came across a shop I had not noticed before. Monsieur Marcel is a gourmet market that was a real delight to find. With a great wine selection, wonderful smells from spices and foods prepared on site and a incredible selection of whatever it is you need for cooking a delicious meal at home. I did not buy anything on this day because my senses were overwhelmed, but I keep thinking about the $12 bag of Italian rigatoni pasta that I had seen and am anxious to take home to cook and try. A lot of the items are packaged so beautifully, I would think one would come out having bought items just for their artful presentation and not necessarily to cook with. They would look grand just sitting in your kitchen.

No matter how many times you may have been through the Farmers Market, it always seems there is something new to find and so convenient to get to. Make a trip!