Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Gaylord Glimpses from May 1927...

One item I must comment on in this issue is the story on page 19 about Gaylord resident and former Chief of Detectives for the NYPD, George S. Dougherty. Coming from a family of law enforcement officials throughout New York and Connecticut, myself (now you know why I try to keep order within the Gaylord... it's in my blood!), I am amused by Commissioner Dougherty's insights to the criminal mind.

Also, in this issue, lovely Gaylord resident and French film actress, Arlette Marchall, featured on page 10.

It strikes me also just how much theater was happening in Los Angeles during this advent of the film industry in Hollywood. This still holds true today, with many small independent theater companies, spread throughout L.A., putting forth productions year round. You should check them out.