Monday, June 11, 2012

In Need of Paella...

Lately, I've had a hankering for some paella... good paella. The only place I knew to get this was my good friend's house in Topanga Canyon, but she was not offering any paella dinners at the time. And funny, she has been having the same craving as of late, also. Where to go? I typed in paella on Yelp and up popped La Paella on San Vicente. Over 250 reviews and all very favorable. So, with the husband in town this past weekend, on Saturday night after the movies, I drove over to La Paella. No reservation in hand (they are recommended), but the hostess was very accommodating and sat us at the end of a long table where 2 other people were seated at the opposite end (enough distance so a conversation did not need to be struck up with them and my partner and I could still have an intimate dinner). Okay... my taste for paella has been satisfied! First, the sangria was great and the chicken & spanish sausage paella was very appetizing. We had started with the homemade lentil soup and finished with the rice pudding for dessert... all good. I also saw a few pans of the seafood paella go by our table and will definitely need to try that in the future. The interior has a sweet atmosphere of being in a small Spanish village and the staff was most attentive and welcoming.

La Paella is located at 476 S. San Vicente Blvd, between La Cienega & Wilshire Blvds. Go, if you want that special dinner! usalapaella.com