Tuesday, December 21, 2010

AVAILABLE BACHELOR...

*****RENTED*****
We have only one Bachelor unit available, located on the 7th floor at 330 sq ft with views of the 'HOLLYWOOD' sign & Griffith Observatory for $745/mo. This unit will not be available for long, so jump on it!*****RENTED*****

For another bachelor (pictured above) of another sort and in another era...
Ernest Vajda was a scholar, playwright and philosopher that lived at the Gaylord back in 1925. Writing film credits include 'Marie Antoinette' with Norma Shearer and 'The Merry Widow' with Jeanette MacDonald.

A bit of the story..."An illustrious writer of super-sophisticated drama is under our roof, a member of the Gaylord family. From his pen has come forth such plays as 'The Harem,' 'Fata Morgana' (recently produced here by the 'Pot Boilers'), 'The Little Angel,' and others of such ilk."

"In New York, had anyone told me I should be coming to Hollywood to write picture stories, I should have thought he was dreaming. No, I could not imagine it. And after I am here I was taken to (mentioning a huge hotel, (the Ambassador maybe)- and the noise, the confusion, the artificiality! No, I could not stand it; I said 'I will go back to New York,' then someone brought us (his brother) here (the Gaylord), and save in Italy I have found no place to please me more."