Tuesday, September 28, 2010

another church offering...

Don't worry folks, I am not on some kind of evangelical agenda here with these recent church listings, I just want to fill you in on local places of interest that you might enjoy. St. James Episcopal Church on Wilshire Blvd, just west of Western, will be starting the candlelight meditations (or as they call it, 'compline') again in October. This happens on the 4th Sunday of the month, between 7:30-8:30 pm. I have been attending this for the last several years now, whenever I get the chance. It is a great way to end the week, clear your head and prepare yourself for a new week. St. James is a beautiful old church and lit by candlelight with the frankincense burning and live Gregorian chanting in the background during the whole meditation can be quite moving. The very brief liturgical break, halfway through, you can either choose to ignore (as I do, yes I did say that) or take to heart. This candlelight meditation service is worth visiting. You just might get something out of it.