Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Good Dinner

I was thinking about where to grab some dinner and it hit me, one of my all time favorites in LA. Angeli Caffe on Melrose (7274) near the corner of Poinsettia. I have been going to this Italian institution of LA since 1990. If you are looking for a good, down home, comfort food, Italian meal take yourself here. I am always inclined to order the risottos because I have never found better anywhere else and it just warms the body & soul. In the early 90's I used to go here for lunch and dinner 3-4 times a week. Then in '94 I had to return to NYC for work, but when I moved back to LA in '98, alas, it was still here and going strong! One mainstay item on the menu, the pollo arosto is also a pleaser. This half roasted chicken with rosemary is just so succulent. And don't forget the warm, wonderful bread you start off with and great wine list. Other than the 80's decor, I find this place low key and relaxing. When you get a chance, listen to chef/owner, Evan Kleiman's food show on KCRW. Go take yourself out!